The Silver City International Food and Art Walk celebrates the diverse cultures that can be found in Milwaukee’s Silver City through Art, Dance, Music, Performances, and Food. This event has the feel of a local arts festival in one of Milwaukee’s emerging historic neighborhoods. Artists station themselves along the streets of National Avenue between 31st St and 39th St. The layout of the festival encourages visitors to explore the neighborhood and interact with the artists. Artists will also be able to sell their art and discover this neighborhood which offers authentic shopping and dining experiences from countries such as the United States, Mexico, Peru, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, China and Puerto Rico! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to show off your talents and to immerse yourself in an International experience!
Interested vendors should direct their attention here.
Who: Individual and collaborative artists working in any medium (visual, music, performing, dance).
Where: 31st-39th & National Avenue (Historic Silver City Neighborhood)
When: September 7th, 2013, 12pm – 5PM
August 8 – Call for Artists released
August 23 – Midnight Application Deadline
August 25 – Featured/Emerging Artist Announcements/Offers
August 29/30 – Introductions and Guided Tour of Silver City
September 5/6 – Mandatory Artist Walkthrough of Designated Spaces
Terms & Conditions:
Applicants selected as Featured Artists will be offered a contract by LBWN/SGP and receive a $150 stipend for their involvement. Emerging Artists are encouraged to participate as well, but will not receive monetary compensation. Artists may display works (prints, original items, etc.) for direct sale during the event.
To receive compensation, Featured Artists must:
- commit and be present during the entirety of the event.
- create or execute at least one art piece inspired by the Silver City neighborhood and/or the spirit of cultural celebration on site. (Preference will be given to artists who intend to directly engage and interact with attendees with this project.) All work remains the direct property of artists.
- maintain a positive and professional attitude toward event organizers and attendees.
- create and display images that are appropriate for audiences of all ages.
All artists (Featured and Emerging) must sign and agree to a contract which will stipulate the terms of engagement, as well as a photograph and publicity consent release form. Artists under the age of 18 will need parent/guardian consent for all documentation.
Your electronic submission portfolio should include:
- Your name/identifying organization, phone number, and address. URLs to personal portfolio sites are strongly encouraged.
- A 1-3 paragraph artist biography or statement of introduction.
- If you wish to be considered for a Featured Artist position, include a brief description of your intended live project.
- Digital *.jpg images of 3 portfolio samples for our consideration. Make sure to include information for each piece regarding medium and dimensions.
- Maximum individual file size should not exceed 2 MB.
- Each file should be clearly labeled as: Lastname_Title.jpg
- If you are submitting multiple files, please zip them together.
- Installation preferences and any necessary accommodations. The Satellite Gallery Project/LBWN will try to meet your requests for accommodations and installation, but can not provide tents, tables, easels, or other display equipment or materials. We are also not responsible for providing frames, mats, and print/card protectors or for pricing, packaging, and transportation of artwork.
FINAL DEADLINE: Midnight August 23, 2013
E-mail Submissions and Inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.